Thursday, March 10, 2011

"BADLIS" Ash Wednesday

It was a fair afternoon when my officemate told me we're going to go to church together for the Ash Wednesday celebration.  "Katz, 6pm sharp, okay?" She reminded me again and again.  It is a blessing to have such officemates especially when you are daily thrown into piles of paperwork and stressful meetings.  It's nice that the Lord reminds us in His special way.

When we were able to get off work, it was already 6:15 PM.  We were waiting for the Libre Sakay to save fare...LOL...and it took us a few minutes until we were able to ride it.  We arrived at the Cathedral by 6:40 PM where crowds of people gather to have "BADLIS" on their foreheads.

The Cathedral looks majestic that night...don't mind my CP cam...it sucks! XD
 
One of us wanted to leave when she saw this crowd...

People were muttering but patiently waiting for their turn...
Indeed we were thrown to a wee bit of suffering.  It took us more than an hour because when we were finally able to enter the Cathedral's wooden door, the 6:30 Mass started.  I was praying, "Lord, please just let me have my Badlis before the mass starts..."  The Lord sure has humor!  So yeah, we were able to listen.  And it wasn't something I regretted either.  The homily is humorous due to Father Arnold's way with words.  It was so funny I actually sighed in disappointment when it was over.  

Can you imagine this??? XD

It was a fresh sight to see students from all schools converge in this late night mass.  And for me, a first time in years since I entered the cathedral to receive the blessing.  So many memories came to mind back when I was just a young girl who is at the peak of curiosity.  I used to love buying candles from an old lady staying in the cathedral when I was just 7 years old.  When I reached 12 or somewhere there, I remembered not seeing her anymore...and it made me cry.  I was so attached to that face that despite not being a relative, I cried for her.  

I'll always remember this Wednesday...March 9, 2011.  And with it comes fasting...  I decided to fast my favorite hobby, reading Manga (Japanese Comics). Oh noeessss!!!! XD  May the Lord help me persevere! 


No comments:

Post a Comment