Friday, January 21, 2011

AniMotion 2010

Year 2011.

Yup, here we are again...

I've been checking all the pictures that have been posted last month and my friend, Elie just posted hers last week.  There were hundreds of AniMotion pix that were tagged to my FB account and I couldn't handle all of them really...  

I am very happy to be the organizer of cosplay events here in Bacolod.  I am not the best...yup...but what counts for me is that everyone enjoyed the event.  I hope there are no more haters...because last time I checked, there were loads of them.  Oh well...  

I've been supporting the CosPlay scene here in Bacolod City since 2007 when we first started it, October 17, 2009 - Masskara Festival.  It was embarrassing for me and entertaining for the festival goers.  It was my doomsday that turned out to bond a group of cosplayers and artists that decided to nurture COSPLAY here in the city.  After so much cosplaying and promotions, we decided to start events.  No one really bothered to...so why not lead the way? <--- said one of my team members who I always forget to kill.  
So, 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010, we've been supporting it.  And though most of us, including me work in the background, we're happy that we can inspire the youth to be a part of something artistic for once...  You know...not involving the clicking of a MOUSE. (I'm a gamer too - so no flames XD)  But when you think about it, the youth needed something like this, CosPlay.  It's the freshest performing art you could think of serving to the youth without them saying, "OLD SCHOOL"  Pfffft~

Moving On!  Yeah...so some of the team leaders of the various cosplay groups here in Bacolod decided to make a collaborative GROUP.  It was called, "WE HEART COSPLAY MOVEMENT"  Yes, folks...  This is not an exclusive team or whatso-  It's a group of cosplay teams here in Bacolod City.  So don't keep on using the name because it is owned by the cosplay teams alone.  Tut~tut.

For those who didn't know, AniMotion was taken from the words: ANIME in MOTION.  It was an idea Elie and I decided last March 2010 just after the first cosplay gathering here in Bacolod City, ANBUFEST.  We planned to name the event, HACHI'CON meaning "8th Convention" given that the month of October is the 8th month of the year and the location is the 888 Chinatown Square Mall.  Instead, we decided to name it the latter which means much more than just "8." LOL!  

Why AniMotion?  Anime in Motion is = to CosPlayers basically.  Moving 'anime/cartoon' characters put to life. Here are some of the pictures that were taken while I was shouting my ass off that time...  (I'm never gonna be the host AGAIN! Lesson Learned!)


 This is Bian from the cosplay team, TINTA|Productions.  Pretty much one of my favorite costumes...but she said it was still 70% done.  When can I see the 100%??? 




This is another cosplyer I love.  Hehehe... I can't remember her name...DAMN! But I remembered she wore chucks! Munyaahhhh~ I got ya when you walk up the stairs!  But 2 thumbs up, nyahh~  Is she from Team OG?




This one's an epic pose by Fufu from team TINTA|Productions once again.  They were cosplaying the characters in the anime SENGOKU BASARA.  OUchies!  Yer leg BLINDS meh~  She's cosplaying Nouhime here.  Thanks for the photo, Pol!




The EPIC cosplay ever is the Nagato cosplayed by Joel from Team YuYa.  He was also surrounded by all the Peins cosplayed by his team.  EPIC!!!




The epitome of IN-YOUR-FACE honesty, Von from Team Hitsuzen Inc.  I love them swans!!!




Sai cosplaying Date Masamune and Mike cosplaying...uh....0,o....I forgot. DAMN IT!  They're from TINTA|Productions



 ANYWAY!  Urgh...the net connection here in the office is NOT COOPERATING!  I will be back later tonight to update this blog post! Ja matta! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment