Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Radical Changes Need Not be Disturbed!!!


It wouldn't be fair if I say, COSPLAY is exclusively for cosplayers.  I know that much - the very reason why I'm encouraging event managers to make cosplay events.  But conflicts occur when people are greedy. As much as I want to emphasize on this, I'd let it go.  Dig your own graves if you must... 




More than anything, I'd love to see Cosplay being accepted by not only the young generation, also the older ones. 

Students take up most of the population of Cosplayers here in Bacolod City.  There are only a few pioneer cosplayers that show up once in a while due to their regular work.  Obviously, the bloodline rests on the young cosplayers who will be continuing this performing art long after "we" are gone. 

The art of cosplaying is not as simple as preparing costumes and competing.  Given that it is a new form of art and that parents look at it as an expense or something that deters their kids from studying, it is hanging by a thread.  Students deal with their parents, encouraging them how important the art is to them - trying to make them understand that it is their outlet for the stressful days at school. It is not pretty...but is slowly looking better.  If you intervene with this mutual understanding between the student cosplayers and their authorities, how will the students gain respect? 



I was once a student and yes, I love to skip classes illegally I'm afraid...  How much more if it's legal?  The continual flow of understanding between the society and cosplayers will obviously be disturbed if you encourage them to prioritize something other than their studies!  If you care for the art so much as to make an event, then why can't you adjust?  If you can't, then let things be...  Don't pressure cosplayers especially student cosplayers to break that trust between them and their parents/ guardians. 

We all know that our education always comes first.  Education is the one thing no one can take away from us when we're in a fix.  It is the very thing that will support us as we live our lives and continue to survive.  Can you not understand how crucial that is?  Letting students know that they can SWAY a little bit of tolerance in skipping their classes is not a good idea.  I am not being a pain in the ass for the students. 



Students, I understand your dilemma 101%.  Your studies might mean less than cosplaying these days...but believe me, it will mean more...a LOT more when you graduate.  "But it's just for ONE DAY!" <--- You will be shouting that...I know. :3  Like what they say, a small hole will gradually widen.  Let's prevent that from happening then.  Guys, I am a cosplayer - one of the firsts here in BCD...and I'm not just looking at seconds of satisfaction...  I'm looking at a bigger picture as your sempai.  Try to understand why I am against this.

To those who are pushing this...  If you want to make the cosplayers attend, ADJUST.  I am basically protecting the very pride of a cosplayer.  Respect us, and you will gain what you want.  Treat us like entertainment for your personal gain without considering our schedules and you'll see what's in store for you.  

Sincerely,

mochimon






No comments:

Post a Comment