Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Restless Mangaka

I'm restless.  Quite recently, things began picking up like HELL!  After the BIG ANNIVERSARY event of the place I work in, I promised myself to stay low for a while and rest.  But oh no...the WORLD does not permit that little idea of mine.  As soon as I finished the event, I heard news that one of my hobbies and passion got nominated for a national convention this coming November.  Not again... -,-

I'm actually very excited but my body is really telling me to rest.  Anyway, let me ask you a question...  If your mind works non-stop and pushes the idea of pursuing a certain work but your body is not willing....what happens?  To me, I MOVE.  My eyes are closing, yet I still move.  That's why I'm UP tonight doing something for the upcoming November Nomination when I'm supposed to be sleeping already because there will be work in the office tomorrow.  REGULAR WORK (something I despise if not for my co-workers).  

Issue 2.5 - THE TEASER
So what is this work that has been nominated?  ICE CREAM INDIE.  It has been presented to the NEGRENSE crowd just this afternoon.  

This LOCAL manga made in Bacolod City is put together by a couple of artists namely, Kouyuki Kun Yelo, Shida Shinpan, Shin Oe, Jay Wong, Jo Ming and Fu Odashima.  There are a couple of stories within this comic per issue.

It cost P50.00 at first and then went up to P75.00 because it became thicker.  I'm currently working as a writer and art director of one of the stories within it, "ROOK OF THE RATS."

Aside from contributing in the stories, I also write reviews and several interviews with local artists and the like.  I love presenting my hometown and telling everyone that, YES...we do exist and we also have our own ideas and we do love our CULTURE.


We are distributed by MUNSTERIFIC INC. - a local 24-hr Convenience Store that can be found all around Bacolod and also in Iloilo...PLUS...Cebu.  Honestly, I don't know what will be the outcome of our going to Manila this November 2011 for the Komikon 2011 Awards.  I hope we can bring some pride to Bacolod.  I'm happy enough that we've managed to get the attention of people from Manila.  It basically means that WE (in Bacolod) are slowly SHINING.
RAW of ROOK OF THE RATS 5.0

Bacolod is slowly rising up...developing through economy and at the same time Culture.  -,- I just hope the government sees the development in Culture though...so far, they don't see it.  Still the Artists here are suffering...still, new art is being snubbed....  Typical Ilonggo Attitude actually but damn...WE NEED CHANGE!  

We do this not only to prove to the world that WE ARE HERE...and that we have ideas...  We do this to inspire younger generations to try and find themselves.  This is an opportunity, a beacon that serves as their lighthouse that their dreams (whatever they may be...) can come true with determination and hard work.  The world might not accept this as fast as we wanted, but they are slowly getting there and I'm elated to know this.

I'm now finishing up several pages for the ISSUE 5.0 of Ice Cream Indie.  I need to finish these tonight since I have regular office hours starting tomorrow... I THANK YOU FOR THE 4-day BREAK!!!  Hahhahaa! Every Filipino is celebrating that!  Anyway, here is a SNEAK PEEK of the 5th Issue.  Thanks for dropping by here...

Before I go, I will be posting several updates of the upcoming Bacolod Cosplay Convention, ANIMOTION 2011 this week...watch out!  ICI will be present too!
Signing off for now,

Cat :3


1 comment: